5. Dumbbell push press
This exercise is essentially a standing overhead press performed with momentum from the lower body, which incorporates a number of major upper and lower body muscles.
What muscles does the dumbbell push press work?
Primary muscles worked by the dumbbell push press:
The deltoids are the primary muscles worked when performed with heavier weights, and the leg muscles are primary when lighter weights are used.
Secondary muscles worked by the dumbbell push press:
The trapezius is also worked, as well as the triceps, forearms, glutes, hamstrings, quads and core muscles.
Benefits of the dumbbell push press
1. The dumbbell push press helps increase flexibility
Making use of dumbbells allows for increased flexibility, which is particularly helpful for individuals with limited mobility in the wrists and shoulders.
Instructions for the dumbbell push press
1. Hold the dumbbells parallel to the floor with the end of each dumbbell resting on the shoulders and palms facing one another,
2. Bracing the core, stand with the feet hip width apart, and bend the knees into a quarter-squat position while keeping the head and spine in line and back flat.
3. As soon as reach the quarter squat position, stand up straight while pushing the dumbbells from the shoulders and triceps straight overhead. Push but with a strong leg drive and a tight core.
4. Lower the dumbbells back to the shoulders and immediately return to the quarter squat position.
5. Repeat the sequence for the desired amount of repetitions.
This exercise can be done with 2 to 3 sets of 8 to 12 repetitions, meaning that the above steps need to be repeated for 8 to 12 times with 1 -2 minute break before repeating the set another 2 or 3 times.
- NEW 2.0 MODEL WITH IMPROVED ADJUSTMENT - Developing our newest and improved version of...
- ADJUSTABLE 25 LB DUMBBELL: Our compact, adjustable dumbbell is cleverly engineered to save...
- EASY TO ADJUST: Ingenious design makes it simple and straightforward to add or remove...
- HOME WEIGHT LIFTING: Up your home fitness game with home gym workout weights that shape...
- COMPACT STORAGE: Short on storage space? Our adjustable metal dumbbells set includes 5...
Want to use our images on your site? Right click on image for embed code