1. The standing dumbbell rear delt row
The standing dumbbell rear delt row is an easy exercise targeting several areas of the deltoid area. The arms, shoulders and back all get a workout with this exercise, which has quite a few variations. In addition to the standing dumbbell rear delt row, instructions will also be provided for the seated dumbbell rear delt row.
What muscles does the dumbbell rear delt row work?
The primary muscles targeted with the dumbbell rear delt fly are the rear deltoids and the trapezium.
This exercise will also work the biceps, forearms and rhomboids.
Benefits of rear delt rows
1. Rear delt rows are good for helping to increase definition
This exercise allows for focused movement with lighter weights and higher repetitions for pumping more blood into the muscles.
2. Rear delt rows help in improving posture
The rear deltoids are part of the deltoid muscle group forming the rounded contour of the shoulder. Working on developing the rear deltoids will help with shoulder mobility and working the trapezium will help stabilize the shoulders, which will both help to improve posture.
Instructions for the standing dumbbell rear delt row
1. Standing upright and holding a dumbbell in either hand, lean forward about 45 degrees with the upper body.
2. While bending the knees slightly, lift the dumbbells up to the center of the chest.
3. Return to the start and repeat that sequence for the desired amount of repetitions.
This exercise should be done with 2 to 4 sets of 9 to 15 repetitions, meaning that the above steps need to be repeated for 9 to 15 times with 1 -2 minute break before repeating the set another 2 or 3 times.
- NEW 2.0 MODEL WITH IMPROVED ADJUSTMENT - Developing our newest and improved version of...
- ADJUSTABLE 25 LB DUMBBELL: Our compact, adjustable dumbbell is cleverly engineered to save...
- EASY TO ADJUST: Ingenious design makes it simple and straightforward to add or remove...
- HOME WEIGHT LIFTING: Up your home fitness game with home gym workout weights that shape...
- COMPACT STORAGE: Short on storage space? Our adjustable metal dumbbells set includes 5...
The seated dumbbell rear delt row variation
An exercise bench can be used for the seated dumbbell rear delt row, and a similar sequence will be performed to the standing exercise except you will be sitting down.
Instructions for the seated dumbbell rear delt row
1. Hold a dumbbell in each hand while sitting on the end of the exercise bench.
2. Leaning forward, stretch the arms in the direction of the ground while you keep the legs closed.
3. Lift the dumbbells exactly as in the standing rear delt row explained above.
4. Repeat the sequence for the desired amount of reps.
Want to use our images on your site? Right click on image for embed code