1. Do potatoes make you fat?
Research has demonstrated that people can incorporate potatoes into their diet and still lose weight. Researchers studied 86 overweight women and men over twelve weeks to determine how a reduced calorie diet with the addition of potatoes affected weight loss. The individuals were randomly allocated to 3 groups and each one had a diet that included 5 to 7 helpings of potatoes each week. The outcomes showed that all 3 groups lost weight.
The soluble fiber in potatoes can also help with weight loss by providing a longer feeling of fullness.
- How many calories in a potato – 77
- How much protein in a potato – 2g
- How many carbs in a potato – 17g
- What is the fat content of a potato – 0.1g