1 – Coconut oil for skin
- Coconut oil for acne – Research shows that the antimicrobial properties of extra virgin coconut oil can have a powerful effect against acne. The lauric acid found in coconut oil has stronger antimicrobial activity, but that the capric acid also found in coconut oil is also effective.
- Coconut oil for eczema – Coconut oil has been shown to be superior to a mineral oil moisturizer for treating eczema.
- Coconut oil as moisturizer – Coconut oil is a surprisingly non-oily moisturizer and has been shown to be as effective as a mineral oil moisturizer for treating a common skin condition characterized by dry and itchy skin.
Nutritional value of coconut oil per 100g:
- How many calories in coconut oil – 862
- How much protein is in coconut oil – 0g
- How many carbs in coconut oil – 0g
- What is the fat content of coconut oil – 100g