4. Chest dip
The chest dip helps in developing upper body strength and stimulating muscle growth of the triceps. A dip bar is needed for the chest dip, but it’s a worthwhile investment as this exercise can provide some serious gains.
What muscles does the chest dip work?
The triceps are used for lifting and this is a good exercise for increasing muscle growth oft he long and lateral heads of the triceps.
The chest muscles are targeted during the dip and help the triceps to push up, and can help with targeting the lower pecs when done correctly. The front deltoid is also worked with this exercise.
Benefits of the chest dip
1. The chest dip helps increase arm and chest size
The triceps muscle accounts for more than half of the arm, which means the arms get larger as the triceps get larger. The chest muscle also gets worked for size and strength toward the bottom of the movement.
Instructions for the chest dip
- Grip the dip bars with palms facing down and squeeze the shoulder blades together.
- Lower the body while flexing the elbows with the elbows bent at 90 degrees and torso upright.
- Lift the body back to the starting position keeping the torso as vertical as possible.
- Repeat the movement for as many repetitions as desired.
This exercise should be done with 2 to 3 sets of 8 to 12 repetitions, meaning that the above steps need to be repeated for 8 to 12 times with 1 -2 minute break before repeating the set another 2 or 3 times.
- Made of solid iron with rust-proof black power finish, can hold up to 500 lbs
- Free standing dip station for working out chest, shoulders, bicep and triceps, to show the charm of men
Want to use our images on your site? Right click on image for embed code