Botox is typically known as a way to enhance facial features such as by making the lips larger or even getting rid of fine lines and wrinkles. Society usually associates Botox with wealthy older women. Men seem to be more into their appearance these days more than ever, most likely due to the pressure created by society to look perfect. It is of high importance nowadays to look younger for both men and women alike, and Botox is the perfect solution.
What is Botox really ? Initially it was used in order to treat certain conditions such as arthritis, migraines, excessive sweating, and muscle spasms. By injecting the Botox, which is a neurotoxin actually produced by bacteria, it temporarily treats the listed medical conditions. Botox has gained popularity by the public because of the temporary cosmetic enhancement it creates. It technically paralyzes the muscles around the place where injected, giving the youthful look we know of Botox so well.
A man using Botox for cosmetic reasons is less abnormal than it once was. It has become a common procedure that doesn’t actually require sedation or staying in the hospital. Both men and women age and as they grow older they accumulate wrinkles and crow’s feet. Botox helps to lessen the severity of the wrinkles allowing the person to look more youthful. Because of the temporary effects it has on a person, it is a procedure that typically lasts about 2-4 months at a time.
Bro-tox has become the term in reference to a man getting a Botox enhancement injection, making it for a more manly procedure. There are many elements that prove appealing by looking younger, but not only because society screams for people to look perfect. Here are a few reasons Botox may appeal to a man:
1. Getting a better job. It is a proven fact that those who have an attractive appearance will have a better chance at landing an in demand job. Looking younger also plays into the overall success one will have in getting a job. Research shows that 55 year olds have a 25 percent chance of getting job when compared to those who are younger, applying for the same job.
2. Trying to keep up with their other half. Women who get Botox are usually very high maintenance and care greatly about their appearance. The husband or boyfriend may feel a sense of pressure to keep up with his wife or girlfriends appearance and may get Botox himself.
3. There is no downtime to getting Botox. It is an in-and-out procedure at Botox Derry that doesn’t require any medical treatment once finished. There may be some swelling and/or bruising once finished but it definitely doesn’t require medical treatment afterwards, unless the person is allergic to the Botox itself.
4. Look younger overnight. Because of the quick procedure and quick performance of the Botox, men may be able to look younger overnight, depending if he is bruised or not. Typically he would look younger within a couple days, so this helps with the overall appeal to the procedure.
5. Nobody has to know. If the man feels uneasy with telling others that he is getting a Botox treatment, he doesn’t really have to. Because of the quick healing stage and the fact that it doesn’t require further medical treatment afterwards, it is easy to conceal the entire procedure altogether and allow others to wonder why he looks so good!
6. Little to no side effects. Just like women, some men have a low tolerance for pain; in fact women are usually able to handle more pain than men can. Because of the low side effects Botox has to offer, it is just one more reason to become more attracted to the low-risk procedure. The pain associated with the injections are similar to a tiny prick by a needle, making for a minimal pain level procedure.
With these things taken into consideration, it is easy to see why Botox injections would appeal to women as well as men. Everybody has a desire to look their best and if they are able to achieve that with a simple procedure, why not? Both men and women are interested in looking younger, youthful, and more radiant, and with the procedure being given to many men around the world without prejudice, it makes it a much more appealing process for a man who may be on the fence about getting Botox.