5. Child’s Pose or Bālāsana:
Child pose helps relieve anxiety and promote calmness as well. Apart from that, it is a great pose for stretching the tensed muscles, improving flexibility, blood circulation and easing back pain.
How to Do It:
- Sit on the mat in kneeling position. Spread the knees wide apart keeping your big toes touching. Buttocks should be placed on the heels.
- Lay the torso over your thighs.
- Stretch the neck and spine forwarding the ribs away from tailbone.
- Place the forehead on the ground as the arms extend out in the front.
- Stay in the position for 3 minutes.
- To release, use the hands to walk the torso upright to get back on the heels.