5. Child’s Pose or Bālāsana:
Child pose helps relieve anxiety and promote calmness as well. Apart from that, it is a great pose for stretching the tensed muscles, improving flexibility, blood circulation and easing back pain.
How to Do It:
- Sit on the mat in kneeling position. Spread the knees wide apart keeping your big toes touching. Buttocks should be placed on the heels.
- Lay the torso over your thighs.
- Stretch the neck and spine forwarding the ribs away from tailbone.
- Place the forehead on the ground as the arms extend out in the front.
- Stay in the position for 3 minutes.
- To release, use the hands to walk the torso upright to get back on the heels.
Want to use this image on your site?
Simply right click on image for the embed code