10. Garlic and Memory
Much of the increase in dementia over the last couple of decades is thought to be related to lifestyle. Garlic is a tasty tool that may reduce risk of memory loss.
Garlic may promote memory and brain function by protecting our DNA from damage, protect from age-related loss of brain function, and help support healthy brain tissue with antioxidants.33
Garlic may reduce the damages of lead to the brain by reducing oxidative damage to the tissue.
In obese rats and diabetic rats, garlic improved brain function and memory by improving the function of the energy-producing part of the cell called the mitochondria in the brain.36
Nutrients in Garlic
Garlic is rich in minerals like selenium and sulfur. Sulfur compounds in garlic are part of what give garlic its strong medicinal benefits. Garlic also contains magnesium, potassium, vitamin E, glutathione, and vitamin C. Garlic is rich in many types of antioxidants as well.37
- Sulfur, as a nutrient, helps the body resist bacteria. It is also involved in helping the body make proteins and enzymes to function properly.
- Selenium is a mineral that is also a potent antioxidant for the body. It helps protect from the damages of pollution and more.
- Magnesium is a calming mineral that has over 300 functions in the body.
- Vitamin C helps rebuild tissue and helps make skin stay youthful by building collagen.
- Glutathione, selenium, and vitamin E are some of the many antioxidants in garlic that protect the body.
Want to use this image on your site?
Simply right click on image for the embed code